Monday, February 23, 2009
Revision explanation
After reading the comments from my original post, and reading Richard Ohmann’s article I took to enhancing my book review of Another Roadside Attraction. It was my goal to incorporate the questions I presented towards the middle of my original review into the opening paragraph of the revised one. I felt this would grasp the reader’s attention by getting them to really think about the questions I was posing. I also tried to remove any bias I may have for this piece of work, given that it is one of the better novels I have read in the past few years. I wanted to give the person reading the review an opportunity to understand the important messages Robbins meant to explore in this book. There were also a few words I took out/added in order to enhance the overall feel of Another Roadside Attraction, especially those that seemed more redundant. I really liked the way I ended my original post though, so I decided to keep that same flow in the revised version.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment